Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring here already?

Looking at the forecast models and trends one thing that has jumped out at me is how warm of a start this Spring has gotten off to. I know we usually get a few days here or there in the 60s but it's already happened in the first 2 weeks of March and all of next week will be in the 60s looking at the current forecast models here in Toledo. Unreal if you ask me. Anyways with a start like this and warming trends happening very rapidly after the non-winter we just had I am thinking we should hit 70 at least once this month and be in a very warm pattern by April/May.

And that brings me to my next thought of severe weather. As we all just saw on March 2nd, Mother Nature has picked up where it left off as March began with 2 awful tornado outbreaks sweeping through the Mississippi and Ohio Valleys. With warm air already coming this far north, this early it is my thoughts that outbreaks will be quite frequent this Spring, and that the viewing area will see a couple of them as well. Looking at past years where we've had warm springs after snowless and warm winters, we've had active severe seasons.

I'm not guaranteeing that we'll see terrible and destructive tornado outbreaks across the region but I do believe that this Spring will be both warm and stormy. I look forward to posting this season. I'll be posting both here and for people in and around NW Ohio on www.nwohweather.blogspot.com for more in-depth daily weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now being filtered due to Blogger receiving an increasing amount of spam. If you have any type of blogger ID, your comment will be posted. I apologize for any inconvenience